We’ve been told that the dryer vent should always be cleaned so that fires don’t start and home appliances don’t get broken. But do you know how actually to clean them? Or how to use dryer vent cleaning kits?
If you need someone to teach you, strap in. This blog will guide you through every step you need to know about cleaning dryer vents and using kits correctly.
What is a Dryer Vent Cleaning Kit?
Cleaning kits for dryer vents come with extendable brushes, necks, or vacuum attachments that can be snaked into the duct to eliminate lint. Dry lint stuck together only needs too much heat or a single spark to become a tinderbox.
How To Use Dryer Vent Cleaning Kit
You can do these things yourself, but dryer vent cleaning services may do them better. Remember to safely do the following steps in using a dryer vent cleaning kit:
Finding And Moving The Bent
- Turn the gas supply off your dryer or pull the plug from the wall outlet.
- Move the dryer a few feet away from the wall and reposition it.
- To remove the dryer’s vent, return to where it is attached. Many clothes dryer vents are held in place with a band clamp. The vent can be taken off by removing the screw on the band clamp.
Reminder Before Cleaning
- There could be sharp edges, so it is best to wear gloves.
- It’s up to you to clean the inside or outside of it. Clean the dryer vent inside the house instead of risking injury using a ladder to reach it from outside.
- You should take off the vent’s cover if possible.
Using The Dryer Vent Cleaning Kit
- Connect the four-inch auger brush to the end of one of the flexible rods.
- To clean the dryer vent, just put the brush into the opening and feed the rod end through the hole.
- Then put the vacuum hose into the opening through the hole in the adaptor cap.
- Connect the drill end of the rod to the other end of the rod.
- After vacuuming, you can use the settings above to start the drill.
- Move the training and rod forward and backward to move the brush into and out of the vent.
- Once the rod is in the dryer duct, forward and backward motions can stop the drill and vacuum.
- The drill bit must be taken off the rod and put on something else. Wrap electrical tape around it to keep the rods from coming apart.
- You can keep cleaning by turning on the drill and plugging it in. To completely clean the dryer vent, you need to add more rods.
- After using the four-inch brush to clean the dryer vent, connect it to the back and use the band clamp to hold it in place.
- Start the dryer since this will help eliminate debris and blockage in the duct.
- Run the brush through the vent again after letting the dryer run.
Safety Is The Best Policy
Cleaning the dryer vent in your home is a simple maintenance job. But you should seek a professional dryer vent cleaning if it causes you any potential harm.
For example, the dryer vent on the roof cleaning can be complex and might cause injury. In this case, it is better to ask for help.
Remember that dryer vent cleaning is an important task that needs to be done to keep your family and home safe.